St Theresas Parish logo
 

Parish Priest

 
 

St Theresa's is part of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Wellington and is a mixture of suburban and rural lifestyles situated on the northern side of the city of Porirua.  Overlooked by the hills to the east the parish extends westward to the Porirua Harbour and Mana Island, taking in Pauatahanui, Whitby, and Paremata. The Parish area reaches up north at Pukerua Bay and south as far as Papakowhai and Aotea.  It shares boundaries on the north with Our Lady of Kapiti Parish and in the south with Holy Family Parish Porirua.

We are part of the Porirua Pastoral Area comprising ourselves, the Holy Family Parish Porirua, Our Lady of Hope Parish Tawa/Titahi Bay and the Parish personal to Maori Te Ngakau Tapu, based in Porirua.

Blessed with a long history of Catholicism handed down to us by our forebears, the area that is now St Theresa’s Parish was originally part of the Ss Peter and Paul Parish Lower Hutt. It was established in its own right in 1940 under the patronage of St Theresa of Lisieux

Nowadays, our parish embraces many peoples from different cultures, backgrounds and nationalities. Our Parish Mission Statement is to be a Eucharistic community that aspires to express the compassion of Christ. We live our faith and encourage others to do so with the Eucharist, the Sacraments and prayer as the centre of our worship. 

Warmest blessings

Father Maurice Carmody

 

 
<< Back to Homepage